December 28, 2010

Introduction

Let me introduce myself properly before I start posting my views and thoughts on the world economy and its current situation. I have been interested in economics since very early in my life, whenever I grabbed a newspaper (those internet-less days) my attention went always to the economy and business section while other childs would rush to the sports section . I must admit that sports was my second option though... Thanks to this early start with economics I found out very soon what my view about it was, so if I had to define it in 2 words it would clearly be economic liberal which, quoting wikipedia, means the following:
"Proponents of economic liberalism believe political freedom and social freedom are inseparable with economic freedom, and use philosophical arguments promoting liberty to justify economic liberalism and the free market. Although economic liberalism can be supportive of government regulation to a certain degree, it tends to oppose government intervention in the free market that inhibits free trade and competition."
I find the above description to be quite accurate except for the part about "philosophical arguments". I do not like philosophical arguments, I am a science man so I prefer numerical and tangible arguments instead.

After this you know what you can expect from this blog, an independent, strong-minded, liberal and free view on what in my humble opinion moves (and sometimes stops) the world, the economy.

PS: I will be making some changes to the design of the blog until I am comfortable with it, please bear with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment